Last Day to Ice Fish in Michigan

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by Sparky Larson, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I'm Not sure, but I have the feeling that today was the last day to Ice fish, around my area. So, I went out to catch some gills. I caught a dozen keepers, so I have enough for a fish fry Friday night for my wife and I. Has anyone any ice fishing to speak of ?
    With this weather changing this up coming week, I'm sure the ice will be gone on all the small lakes and pond.
    My wife and I took a trip yesterday around the east side of the thumb, It's all open water on Lake Huron. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm ready to get out after the Cats.
    Sparky

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    we havent had ice since jan. sparky. i know how you feel.

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I hear were gonna be near 60 by next weekend. You may be right buddy.

Theres still enough ice to drive on over by my place.

Im gonna give it a shot this weekend coming up if the weater doesnt shoot up.

sal

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Good Luck Sal,
    From what I hear, by this Thursday it's going to be 50 to 60 degrees and rain.
    Needless to say, it won't take long for that ice to honey comb and brake up.
    Sparky

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Sparky,

Click on the link below.

Enter your zip code at the top of the page for your city's report from the national weather service. I havent had a day where this one has been wrong, and I cant say anything near that sort of track record for the clowns at "snooze-center25" out of Flint.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?MapType=3&site=GRR&CiTemplate=1&map.x=245&map.y=127

It appears I aint going anyhow- just got word bout 20 minutes ago that there is a big hunt at the ranch this weekend. First time this year they have called me in so I am excited to get out there and actually guide a hunt, make some $ and possibly get some tips too, instead of just doing maintenance. If all goes well I ought to have some cash to put toward one of them Gator rods that Vic had. If I make over 200 bucks there then Im just gonna order one outright.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
    :cool:

6. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey Sal,
    You got it! Thoughs fingers are in the right position. What I don't know about, is this Gator rod Vic has. Clue me in.
    By the way, that sight is a good one for the weather.
    Sparky