Last Day to Change My mind

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tnfishman, May 16, 2007.

1. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    If any of you were traveling four hours to catfish in South Carolina tomorrow and the nest two or three days, where would you fish??

2. Chris55

Chris55 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    :lol: With a second guess,Santee Cooper.Both lakes and canel are good spots to fish.Baits would have to be herring ,bream and white perch.Good luck if you decide to go there.

3. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I would agree, santee is great. I usually fish the canal and I have never left there without catching cats.

4. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    depends on how big your boat is

5. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    16' river boat, been on Santee once with it, not again!!!! lol

6. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mine is only 15', I never go in the big water at santee, I stay in the canal where I feel safe. It can get ugly real fast out there on the big water.

7. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I figured that canal was fished to death.

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I dont know if you got it but I sent you a PM with names of a guide on Lake Wateree and a guide on Lake Monticello if you wanted to go that rout for the first day.If you dont want to do that I would stay at a hotel in Newberry, theres two hotels just off of I-26 where Hwy 34 crosses.From those hotels you can be at Monticello in 20 minutes and Wateree in 45 to 50 minutes its a strait shot to both.Both of these lakes are full of big blues, if there not bitein at one go to the other.Lake Hartwell is a miniature ocean, I wouldnt reccomend it if you've only got 3 days to fish.It will take 3 days just to fish one creek on Lake Hartwell.From where your at though I would go to the James River in Virginia if I where gonna go anywhere.

9. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    That is a seven or eight hour pull, would have to stay a week for that.

10. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I would have to agree with Chris on this one John. Monticello is Blue cat fishers lake. No water ski, No jet ski, No swimming . JUST FISHIN Bass angler normaly stay deep in the coves. I love it there. Not a big lake but holds plenty big fish. And if river fishing is your thing just go to Parr resivior next door. Big flatheads in there but the blues are smaller and channel cats every where. Might just see me down there pullin in a few this Fri & Sat.

11. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I would drive to Columbia and fish Murray, Monticello, or Wateree. All are within a short drive. Santee is nice, and I love the lifestyle there, but your best chance for a big fish will come elsewhere.

12. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I would try Santee, never been there myself but it seems to be real productive.

13. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Monticello is a good way to go.