The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 2nd. I picked up my brother around 09:30 and headed for the river. River was not too muddy and had a fast current. Both of us got taps right around 11:30, cleaned off my chicken liver. Then at 11: 55 I got another tap, and my brother had another tap later. We called it a day 14:00 since we got only 4 taps no real hard bites even for our efforts.

November 4th. I picked up my grandson for a trip in my boat. Since the fog was thick till around 10:00. We were pleased to see the fog had lifted by the time we got to the ramp, and the motor finally kicked over. Our lines were in the water by 10:50, chill in the air, and some current but no wind to worry about. I got a bite on the dead line at 11:18, cleaned of my “RED HOT SMOKIE” chunk.

11:45 my grandson did hook a 23 inch 3.pound 5 oz Hybrid Bass, that fish also hit the “RHS”. That was all the action at that spot. We tried 2 other places that I marked fish, but NO action at all. We called it a day at 14:00; had hoped for more action, but at least not skunked.

That maybe the final boat trip for this year since it is turning cooler and now the rains have pushed the river too high for my boat to handle safely in the current. This has be a lousy year for catching fish, let alone catfish! Since my grandson is able to help with boat, this will give me a few more years to see if any catfish are left in this part of the river.

·
Registered
James N ... Central California.
10,306 Posts
Hey Norb memories where made... There's always next year brother... Stay positive and Fish On.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The other day I winterize the lower unit of my outboard motor. In the next week I will be removing the gas from the tank. Over the winter I will be going out to charge the batteries around once a week. I worked just find doing that last winter. So fishing from the boat is over for this year.

If there is some warm days and the river is at a reasonably level there is still a chance I might do some bank fishing. I still have some bait in the freezer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts