Last 2 bluegill trips

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Stevej, May 16, 2006.

1. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    Our last brim trips, 77 total with 14 shellcrackers on the 13th and 62 today,5/16, with no shellcrackers. They would only bite a cricket today and on the 13th they would bite worms some. Very selective today 3 days after the full moon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The wife loves to gill fish, I do not fish for gill much anymore but will try to go in the near future. The wife would like some to eat.:smile2:

3. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats a nice mess of fish, good eating. kids and i love fishing/eating those gills/redears.

4. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I have not caught nice sized gills in 30 years. It seems like there are often tiny gills for bait, but I cannot find the larger ones. They are fun, but I used to catch them in ponds and now I have moved a couple of times and know of no ponds with large gills. At the lake, I seem to catch bait size only. As for shellcrackers, are they a sunfish/pumpkin seed? I hear of them, but never caught. Do you fillet them or scale, gut, and fry them? Congrats Hannibal Mike

5. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
  6. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    nice catch!!!i smell a fish fry.lol.:lol: