lasalle cooling lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Fowler, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Fowler

Fowler New Member

State:
    ill.
    I was wondering if anybody has fished lasalle lake(early spring) for blues or flatheads from boat? What areas do you fish, and also anything on bait used and/or presentation.Thank you.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Brian, can't help ya much on that specific lake, but if ya look through the other postings on the lakes like Coffeen, Clinton,Balwin and Sangchris, they are also cooling lakes of about the same size and design. So the tactics that are used there would work as well up at Lasalle I would think. We like to use gills and shad, bullhead, even skipjack if you can get any. Look for the shallow flats that will drop quickly into deeper water, I would also target the spillway or anywhere else that has rock/riprap, and some what a current, any old creek or river beds are good. look for the shad to be schooling and the birds feeding always helps also. This is just my approach on it and what works for me.
    Randy

3. emc2977

emc2977 New Member

State:
    Illlinois
    Any reports from this lake???? thanks

4. emc2977

emc2977 New Member

State:
    Illlinois
    I fished Lasalle lake this past friday may 20th. A bunch of little ones stealing my bait. I caught a few eater size and an 8lb blue cat. I was there from 8:00 a.m until around 7:30 pm.

5. click

click Member

State:
    IL
    Well that's not real promising lol. I'm gonna hit one of the cooling lake in the southern half of the state for 2 or 3 days this weekend, just to avoid the idiots on the river and pleasure boaters on the big lakes. What was your water temp up there?? We been strugling the last month or so to get back on some nice ones here, figured in the cooling plant they had to be on the spawn..hope it's over with now.

6. emc2977

emc2977 New Member

State:
    Illlinois
    I'm not sure about water temperature but they're still on the spawn. Hopefully it's over in the next week or two. I was thinking about hitting powerton but it's a 2 hour drive for me and I haven't seen any reports from there. maybe I' should wait a couple more weeks. lol

7. click

click Member

State:
    IL
    Way to be a buzz kill man, but thanks for the update. I'll let ya know how the weekend goes down this way.