Largest Blue Catfish?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Catman 1964, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    What is the weight for the World record Blue Catfish?

2. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    the weight is 124 lbs it was caught in alton illinois last yr

3. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    All tackle- 124 lbs

which broke the old all tackle (though still 20 lb test record) of 121.5 lbs...

Both caught w/in the last 2 years

4. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Yeah and truly believe that we have the fish here to break that record. In both the missouri & the mississippi. Maybe someone will amaze us here again this year.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Tim Pruitt of Alton Illinois caught the 124 pound fish just below the damn at Alton. It set 3 new records. Illinois State Record, Line Class World Record,and the All tackle World Record. He caught the fish on a Mooneye. They attempted to keep the fish alive so that it could be put on display at Cabelas in Kansas, however the fish perished during transport.

6. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Brusier and Jet driver . Maybe one of us could break that record This year. Wouldnt that be something. I know I wouldnt even care if it was one of you. As long as I get to watch you reel it in.

7. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Well Bearcat I have already told myself that I am breaking that record this year so I guess you will just have to sit back & watch. LOL :) j/k
    Yeah that would be something if we could nail one that big. There is no doubt in my mind that they are out there.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    No doubt they are out there. I look for the record to change hands this year. I would just be happy with breaking our state record of 103 pounds, hey why be greedy. ;)

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    nope boys, hes mine. lol. There is definitely more fish that size and bigger. We just have to figure how to get one of them on our line, then get it to the boat. I'm seriously considering rigging a livewell system on my boat to keep big fish alive, just in case. Would be nice to see that record broken again, thats for sure.

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    nope boys, hes mine. lol. There is definitely more fish that size and bigger. We just have to figure how to get one of them on our line, then get it to the boat. I'm seriously considering rigging a livewell system on my boat to keep big fish alive, just in case. Would be nice to see that record broken again, thats for sure.:cool:

11. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Hey John I can help you with that well system. My partner that I fish with alot has a well that he installed that can keep the biguns alive. He used it to keep his Illinois record fish back in 96.

12. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I truly believe Missouri has many area's capable of a world record Blue cat. Truman, LOZ and Osage River among them...just have to be in the right place with the right gear.;)

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    That would be great Chris. Well take my boat first time we go fishing, and you can show me what I need to do. Im guessing that a very good flow of oxygenated water would be critical. Cant wait to get it built. I'd like to have it finished by May if possible. :cool:

14. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Thanks for the info. I saw something about the former world record. So I was curious. That is a huge fish! Take care and God Bless.:)

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    With all of the cat chasers out there with better information o how to target the fish and better equipment, the record is in reach to be broken again soon for sure. I am gunning for the state record in Ca at 101 pounds. I was 20 pounds off last year, but hopefully can hook up on a bruiser soon.

16. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Where did you catch the 80#'er, Brian, and do you have any pic's!

17. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
  18. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Wow! That is one giant fish!!! I see that you like to fish Lake Irvine - I grew up in L.A., and fished Irvine a few times for trout (that was way before I found out about cats). I think that it would be great for you to break the state record - I'll be rootin' for you :)

19. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yeah, Irvine is one of my main destinations for cats. I also fish for trout there sometimes as well. Thanks!

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Good Luck with the California State Record. I'm after the MO state record which stands at 103 pounds. My biggest was just shy of 95. Close, but yet so far. Best Wishes on a great upcoming fishing season........:cool: