Larger Size Treble Hook Rigs for dip baits?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by strictly catfish, May 17, 2008.

1. Brother's, I was just curious why they don't make treble hook's for dip bait in bigger sizes say 10-15 ott.
    I am talking about the ones with sponges and rubber substance that keeps the bait on the hook.
    If anyone knows please leave info to where I can find them.
    Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
    Strictly Catfish

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    make them. some thread and cut up sponges will work on any hook you want them to. i remember seeing a hook you can buy on here but i cant remember what its called, possibly a sponser? im not sure someone help me out. but ive tied sponges right below the eye on some of my hooks to dip them in chicken liver blood to get more scent in the water around my bait. just tie some sponges wrapped around the shank to just before it starts to bend. make sure and leave plenty of point and barb so you dont lose any fish. good luck.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Buy the size hook you want to use then cut your bait holder (sponge, Loofa, etc.) to match the size of your hook.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    thats because treble hooks are bad m-kay:tounge_out:

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    We have a BOC brother that is a sponser on here by the name OF LOOP he sell's the BEST dip bait rig you can own look at the LOOPER RIG'S you can't go wrong with his product's.

6. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Kevin if your using that runny cheese bait my rigs wont work but if your using a bait with alittle body to it mine will work.Stuff like Premo or Sonny's will work great on my rigs.
    The size of hook is pretty big but I realize your from Texas and everything is bigger there.:smile2: That size of hook is proble to large for the rig, but if you let me know the mesurement of the eye of the size of hook I can fix you up. PM me with the size of the eye I'm up for the challange. I've made rigs for a few that fish in Spain for the big boys so I'm sure I can make what you need.
    Loop

7. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Showin my ignorance again - I've never fished with dip baits; what's the difference (in application) between the Looper's Rigs and the Catfish Hairball?

Are the Kahles and Circle hooks as effective as a treble in these applications?

8. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    The hairball is made for those runny sponge baits like Bill's Cheese Bait or Hog Wild Original Cheese Bait not much body to them there for the need of a sponge.Sonny's , Hosshawg, Hogwild Premo are heavier bodied dip baits there for the looped rig works better the loops act like fingers to grab and retain the bait. Circle and Khale hooks work very well with mostly lip hookups. Very rarely do they swollow the hook like they do the treble style.
    Loop

9. Thank's for the reply. I would be interested in some larger treble hook's.
    If you can hook me up with some 10/0 hook's I would appreciate it.
    Just let me know if you can supply because I do have a demand.

Sincerely,
    Strictly Catfish.

10. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks. My oldest daughter got me some kind of dip bait stuff for my birthday back in Feb.; Shamed to say I haven't even taken a close look at it, too busy limbling w/gills right now, will try the dip later on; your stuff sounds good, if i have luck with the dip I'll probably order some from you.