Large tackle box for lots of tackle.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by barbel, Feb 6, 2006.

1. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    This last sunday (superbowl sunday) I went up to wal mart, and I met a really nice employee there. I was looking for a new tackle box, and I explained that I have a lot of tackle, so I need to have something large. So Ron (thats his name) took me down to the home improvments section, and showed me a stanley two-tray toolbox that he uses. Its big, black, has a lazy susan (for the little stuff that you want to have convenient), and wheels (this one is obvious.) Anyways, this thing comes in two sections that snap on top of each other, so you can store things in the top or bottom section, and both have a lot of room. What I did was I picked up a couple of the BIG plano stowaway boxes (the ones that are like 18" x 10" or something like that) and put those in there, along with some of the smaller ones (11" x 7".) With this thing I can fit ALL of my fishing stuff (excluding poles) into a single tackle box, thus eliminating having all the little ones lying around, and I dont have to choose what stuff I want to bring. The best part is it is only 20 dollars, so its great even for the people that have a tight wallet. Its a great gear box for anyone who has a lot of stuff they like to take, and doesnt want to carry it all. I will have pictures up shortly if I can find my camera's adapter for the computer. Hope this helps someone out :D

--Tight lines--

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have a big one that is I bought around 1988. It had a ot of storrage in the top. then a cover that slides down and under the 6 sliding drawers holds more stuff then anyone could ever use. Also will weight aorund 75 lbs full/. \
    But like the soft sides better now.
    Pete

3. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    I do store a lot of tackle but, that sounds kinda heavy..? Would like to see pictures of it when you can..

4. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Barbel I have the same exact thing. I wouldn't give it up for the world. Thank you Stanley for making tackle boxes and not knowing it!!!! LOL!!!

Ray

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i have a blx like that but its not the stanly i use it for my flight box for my rc planes now using one for a tackle box hmm be great i would think for bank fishing be a bit much in a boat at least in my bass boat anyways.

6. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Really good post Barbel I have been thinking about makeing a box for a dolly I
    have but your post made me think it would be better to get a box like you mentioned maybe add a rod holder to it to make it easy to get it all down to the dock. :)

7. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I was in the hardware store just this weekend checking out the tool boxs also :rolleyes: i'll check that one out at the walmart here and see what they have thanks Barbel

8. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    HAH! Finally got the pictures! Enjoy.

This is the outside of the thing.
    [​IMG]

This is the top tray for the scale and stuff.
    [​IMG]

This is the top layer of boxes ;)
    [​IMG]

This is the SECOND layer of boxes.
    [​IMG]

This is the lazy susan.
    [​IMG]

This is the bottom. Under all of the plastics are two other little tackle boxes and my cast net.
    [​IMG]

9. Matt Smith

Matt Smith New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I hope the plastic that box is made of is worm proof!

10. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I just use a backpack and fill it up with the plano storage boxes, strap it on your back and your on your way.

chris

11. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    Yah i got a fairly big tackleb box last march. It was one of those bag tackle boxes with pokets on the outside, a thing to put your drink in, and you could fit mabey 5 or 6 planos in them if you stack them. I started out with the included 4 clear plano boxes then i t went to 5 then 6 and then another small one for small hooks and weights and then another for beetle spins. Then pliers, knives, scales, spare line, reel oil, tape measure..... When i first bought it and i put my first batch of stuff in, it weighed 6lbs and at its most it was stretching the strap at 30+lbs. It was the sudden relization that my tacklebox weighed more than the fish i was catching i knew i had to downsize. So now i have a cabinet with all my tackle, reels, line, and tools in so i only bring what i need.

12. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I have the Shmanino soft sided bag and hold lots of stuff but, Not enough..the only thing Im concerned about with that big tool box is the weight with everything in it, Plus years ago I had a regular tackle box and I caught it on a limb and spilled it all in the dark woods
    Ill have to weight and hear how it hold up ....good idea though

13. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I use a plano tackle box. The top section is for big lures, lin weighs. Then the bottom has four pull out but fully enclosed containers that you section off how ever you want.One is for hooks, one for bass fishing , another for crappie and the last forwhatever is left. Holds alot, I bought it from walmart for under twenty dollars.

14. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

That's the exact same thing I use Barbel. You have enough room in the bottom to hold your dip bait(if you use it), a small tub of DK's, a 4 ft cast net, and spare batteries and a flashlight if need be.

Ray

15. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois

16. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    that's one big tacklebox

17. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have the same box I just bought at Home Depot. I paid more than that for it. I loaded mine up the same way. I was thinking of insulating the bottom and making a small cooler. I walk to my fishing spot and can't wait to try it out this spring.

18. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I use a back pack for my catfishing tackle. I fill it with Plano boxes. I also have a small tackle boxes for Bluegills/crappie. 1 for bass fishing.

19. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Barbel, I just bought me one of those boxes. I was able to consulate all my tackle in to one box. Instead have several small boxes/bags in my boat I on have one. The problem that I found was the tray will not fit with all the plastic boxes in the top section. Still all my tackle is in one box.:) :)

20. Bravesfan257

Bravesfan257 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Barbel that is a Pretty Tackle Box. I was thinking about doing the same thing about 4 months ago. But never got around to it. I think I am going to do that now. I am hard core on tackle boxes. I think I broke 3 just last year. So this might be the think for me