Large spinner baits for large trout?

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by whiskerchaser, Jul 25, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    about how big do large spinner baits have to be to catch big trout? can u use the same ones that u use for bass? like a 2/0 hook? or how big?

2. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    no, use smaller spinners, like mepps.

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Fox makes a good assortment of spinners for trout.

4. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I agree with him there. Trout aren't gonna go after anything big. I still think powerbait always does the best for me.

5. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I like mepps spinners, but they cost more.

6. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Panther martins are good. I like the black body with the gold spinner and yes you can catch some bigger trout on some big spinners. Rapala's also work quit well for larger trout. How big of trout are you targeting? And what kind of water are you fishing?

7. Fishin Dash

Fishin Dash New Member

State:
    CALI
    I agree with whoever said blue fox makes good spinners for trout, here in CA, i like to do a lot of high mountain trout fishing, I get the Deep Runner Blue Fox Spinners, Walmart sells a five pack for 5 bucks or so, seems to be better than spending $2.00 on a single spinner. Work great, alwayz catch big trout, only the real aggressive babies will go after these.

[​IMG]

This is a picture of the spinners, the trout really go after the yellow tail, same with the white, Blue fox puts like glitterly fiber optics in the tail, seems to be the best spinners for me, they come in like 5 different colors and designs.

Attached Files: