Laptop or Desktop?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SeedTick, Jul 26, 2006.

What is your main BOC machine?

1. Laptop

2. Desktop

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    What is your main BOC machine? I've got a laptop with a little lap board so I can sit in my recliner and surf.

ST

2. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I got a laptop and no lap board.

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Laptop here to! With the wireless network I can log on anywhere in the house!

4. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    laptop here also
    but i swear the desktops run faster mine is about 2 years old and seems slow

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I hear ya on the wireless network, only way to go. We've always got 2 laptops going and the wife wants another one.

ST

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    If i had a laptop i would be divorced lol,.

7. Instead of going on a rant about what a great PC I have I will just list the specs.

19inch AOpen flatscreen monitor
    Radeon X1800 512MB Video Card
    2GB Kingston (PC2 4200) memory
    3.73GHz Intel Pentium Extreme Edition Processor
    Asus P5N32-SLI Delux Socket T Motherboard
    3- 250 GB SATA Hard Drives
    1- 200 GB IDE Hard Drive
    1- 100 GB IDE External Drive
    DVD-RW drive with litescribe
    Sony CD-RW 52x
    Fatal1TY 120mm CPU fan
    Raidmax Volcano 630 Watt Power Supply
    XG Dragon Black with blue lighting PC tower

Bit of an overkill isnt it. On the other hand I just go ahead and use my Alienware 3.2Ghz blue laptop to sit in bed and surf.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Only a desk top for me. Would like to have a lap top but can't afford it. Probably wouldn't have this if wife hadn't gotten it as a mothers day gift last year from our one son who is into computors. If I had a laptop I could take it fishin with me ,and when the fish don't bite I wouldn'tbe as bored.:roll_eyes: Course then I 'd have to take the generator to keep it charged up.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I accidently clicked laptop but I got a desktop. I am gonna get a laptop next though for sure, can take it on the road with me. hehehe

10. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    My Desktop had a meltdown so Now I have gone to a laptop. I sure like it, lots more gadgets to learn.... Even has a TV tuner. DvD burner....Im still learnin to use it, but so far I dont think I will be going back to a desk model. Dell Inspiron 17" screen.

11. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great! You'll have a laptop with cellular conection, an ear clip celphone like DH's, eating a TSS chicken leg, driving with your Knees, pickin up hitchhikers! The roads will be chaos...:big_smile:

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I use a laptop now days due to working on the road out of motels

13. JustCats

JustCats Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I use a desktop mainly. I have a laptop but it is a little slower than my desktop so I don't use it much.

Tony

14. suddawg

suddawg New Member

GARBAGE!!!!! Dude you went with an Intel for a DIY rig:crazy: AMD brother all the way. You could of got an Athlon 64 FX processor that destroys those punks at Intel, especially for gaming. I like clean looking cases though, so I'm going with a nice Lian-Li Aluminum case with a modded blacked out grim reaper window kit in it. Man, I still can't believe you went with the CrapTEL processor. If you weren't my friend...I tell ya:lol:

SudDawg

Oh and I use a desktop at the moment. The only thing the Army gave me:big_smile:

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I log in at work with my laptop and check just about every 1/2 hour to 15 min LOL, at home I have an Old Desktop but it gets the job done.

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Greg, I use a desktop but wife likes to use the laptop in her recliner. I still have my old IBM Aptiva running W-95 for the grandkids. Wife was upset with me last week when I had her wireless shutdown for my desktop wouldn't connect to the router. But I finally got her back in business and she's happy. :smile2:

17. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Desktop all the way for me! I do on occasion I wish I had a laptop for surfing when I am at work.

18. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    I have both but still seem to use the desktop more eventhough I have the wireless interet for the laptop?

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Hopefully I'll have a laptop in the future,as for now,I'm stuck with my desktop.

20. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Desktop, nothing but desktop.

I can upgrade my desktop, but I don't know hw to upgrade a laptop.

I won't post specs, but crayzeecade... you're almost there.