Langley, Ok.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by MRR, Feb 26, 2007.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    have any of you Okla boys or girls ever fished the Great Lakes of the Cherakees.I saw that lake back in 89 and thought then it looked like a darn good spot to fish..If I remember it was a really big lake.It's located around the Langley/Disney ,Ok area.Just wondering how it is fishing wise.

2. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Disney/langley is at the southern end of that HUGE lake... never fished it... just partied a lot there in my younger years.

3. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    John the only part we have fished is below the dam. Lotz of white bass, channel and blues and good spoonbill snagging. I dont know any thing about the lake fishing.
    Kevin, ( Zoelife)or Carolyn (Hope) I bet can give you some good info.
    below the dam in the river good camping aera and good fishin.

4. catfisher74354

catfisher74354 New Member

State:
    miami,okla.
    Hi, Yes there alot of great fishing spots all over that lake, i believe it has a shoreline of 39,000 miles. the north end at the sailboat bridge area and west of it is a good place to land some nice Blue Cats!!, around the rocks at Shangri-La is good also. you could spend a week and then some boating around looking. My advice is just hit it and hang on, they are there.

Terry Rogers
    Catfisher 74354

5. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    46,500 surface acres of water and 1,300 miles of shoreline. Good fishing in the lake ,rivers and creeks. They are having a gathering at Twin Bridges in April for catfish and spoonbill.

6. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Grand lake is a great fishery. Everything you could want. lots of places to go. Also different kinds of fish to catch. We have channels, blues, flatheads and a few mississippi whites for us catmen. As far as the other there are black bass, white bass (also known as sand bass), Stripers and hybrids, crappie and also spoonbill (also known as paddlefish). Lots of bait fish i.e. perch, shad and so on. Hope this helps you out a bit. You can also check out this website www.grandfishingreport.com

7. catfisher74354

catfisher74354 New Member

State:
    miami,okla.
    David, when are they having that gathering at Twin Bridges and who is putting it on ? I live right on the Neosho river between Connor's bridge and the I-44 turnpike bridge. I mainly use the Okla. Rivers talk page i have a post on there about spoonbilling if you want to contact me. Also you can email me at catfisher74354@yahoo.com.
    Thanks, TerryRogers
    Catfisher74354