Lane Kiffin leaving Tennessee for USC

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by festus, Jan 12, 2010.

1. festus

festus New Member

I heard this a few minutes ago on ESPN. Kiffin has already had the NCAA sniffing around Knoxville, so it might be best that he is gone.

2. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    I guess Lane couldn't hack the pressure of the SEC. I hope he falls flat on his face at USC. He really screwed UT by doing this a few weeks away from National Signing Day. Karma will soon catch up to him.

3. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    Lane's son someday his going to ask him why he named him Knox and I would love to be there to hear his answer. For yall who don't know, he named his newborn son, Knox, after UT/ Knoxville when he took the job here. I hope he as more commitment to his son than he does Knoxville and UT. The sob might not get out of Knoxville alive. The message boards and and Twitter accounts are blowing up with Kiffin hate around here.

4. festus

festus New Member

I'm sure Knox will get another name when they leave here. I always heard it costs $50 to get your name changed. :cowboy: Kiffin will be under much more pressure out there than he was here. I've been listening to national talk radio for 1-1/2 hrs and the Los Angeles people aren't happy either. Besides, Pete Carroll left USC with some hot water with the NCAA, anyway. Who knows, they may lose some scholarships or get some sanctions right off the bat. Good riddance. But we don't need David Cutcliffe or Phil Fulmer back. Kippy Brown is gonna be interim head coach, who knows, he may be permanent.

5. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    I hope when he gets there, USC gets put on probation. Every other SEC school's fan base has been saying all along what a douche bag he was and myself and the rest of the UT fans should have listened. He will go down as the most hated person in UT history.

6. festus

festus New Member

I just heard on Fox Sports Radio that at Kiffin's resigning press conference, about 25 UT fans came after Kiffin with pitchforks and garbage can lids.:cowboy:

7. festus

festus New Member

8. festus

festus New Member

I don't know how much truth there is to this, but yes, the rumor now is some kids were tear gassed. Local news will be on in a few minutes, I'll get some more accurate info.

9. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    There have been several arrest of students wanting kiffin. I just can't believe the ethics of a school stealing him away in the middle of the night .. Do they think he will do them any better. Good riddance to him.

10. festus

festus New Member

Yeah Frank, we're better off without that bunch. If it hadn't happened now, it would have happened next year. Those kids were chanting Kiffin's street name and address over megaphones. He better just go on and get outta town while he can.

11. festus

festus New Member

Lane Kiffin's address:
    KIFFIN MONTE LANE & LAYLA G
    8701 INLET DR
    KNOXVILLE, TN 37922

Layla Kiffin's Cell Phone #:
    310-428-9233

Why not give em a visit and friendly call?? LOL :cowboy:

12. festus

festus New Member

Last thing I heard was the Kiffin's are still in the building and are afraid to leave. 1500 or more angry students outside.

13. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Loyalty aint it great.
    smokey

14. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I would think UT fans would be happy, he's a piece of garbage... Maybe they can get Tuberville or somebody worth a damn now....

15. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    After being fired from the Raiders , owner Al Davis said of Kiffin "Once a weasel always a weasel" .Ole Al may not be the sharpest dresser in the NFL but he knows a turd when he sees it.

16. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    That means he will name id next kid Los or Cal?

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    More money? Can't blame the guy!

What would do in his situation?

I'd dump my school for more money anyday.:snicker:

18. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    Too bad Tubby already took the TT Job. I'm sure he would rather be in the SEC and I would love to have had him at TN.

19. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    Well...some people have more loyalty than others, I guess. He never embraced TN traditions anyway, good riddance. BTW-I hope he changes his son's name, I don't want the name Knox to be disgraced by being followed by the word Kiffin.

20. festus

festus New Member

I'm sure many people are happy, at least I am. This will set the program back a couple of years. But it's better to get it over with now instead of a couple years down the road. A few minutes ago somebody whose known the Kiffins several years (didn't catch their name) was doing a radio interview. He said Monte Kiffin was always busy on the road most of his son Lane Kiffin's growing up years. He said Lane Kiffin was a spoiled brat from day one and his mother couldn't handle him. That's probably why Monte came to Knoxville with him. Monte has had to bail Lane out of several situations. Monte at least had the guts to do a local radio interview this morning. The radio hosts were nice to him, and he spoke his mind and apologized. As soon as he hung up, the radio guys kept saying they didn't buy much of what he was talking about.