Landing Nets

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by RiverKing, Aug 16, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    What size landing Nets does everyone use, I want to get a decent size net for my boat, right now i have a pretty small crappy one...I am looking on ebay for one, and suggestions, Like the width or depth or anything??

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The one I have is a 30 inch I found a a garage sale for 2.00 dollars

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Man, Thats a deal, Those nets are expensive

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

yeah a lot of people with money, rich people, live close to me and just always have to have the newest best thing. And I am not to proud to buy their "throw outs" from garage sales.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Heck NO, I wouldnt either, I wish i can find on at a garage sale...LOL...But man, they are like 45 to 65 bucks in catfish connection

6. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I have a huge landing net that my bro bought me at Dick's sporting goods. It has a huge hoop and an extendable handle. I have landed fish up to fifty pounds with it with no problem. I'm sure it would handle much larger. I think they run $40 at Dick's. Vern

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Sounds like we have the same net, I got a HUGE net made by Frabbil (Spelling?) and it also has the extendable handle and it's just plain awesome. I have landed a lot of big fish in it.

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Anyone know where you can buy replacement rubber netting?

9. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I had to buy a bigger boat just haul my net, no but really the one I use is 30"x30" with a extendable handle and it was only about $40.00

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    FRABILL makes the best nets,they arent cheap and you can get replacement nets for all their models including the rubber type.:smile2: Big generally means a net depth of 30inches or more.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I whent the cheap route and got one from Walmart for about $6.00. I used it maybe 3 or 4 times and the handle bent on me one night. when I tried to straighten it out, it broke. So just remember, most of the time, you get what you pay for.

12. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    There was a guy on Ebay selling nets that could hold a 32 gal trash can with room to spare... but i can't seem to find them anymore...Dicks Sporting Goods has one thats HUGE but i don't know how much it costs... probably 30-40 or so... Bass Pro usually has the HUGE striper nets but they were all out when i was up there this week... Idk if it is too big for my net, then i'll get as much in as possible and then hold the fish the rest of the way.

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Check out Dotline Mengo Ind Inc I believe they have them. Hope this helps .