Landing Net

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I need a new landing net I was wondering which one would you guys recommend for the big Sippi cats?
    I had an el cheapo for landing bass and etc but Float Trip Willie and I pretty well finished it off last night.

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    thats what i've used for alot of years the old el cheapo never lasted more than 2 maybe 3 years be interesting what is suggested

3. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Believe me the el cheapo want last one good night on the Mississippi.....with the current and a good size cat it will be el foldo....el quickly..:wink: :wink:

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Cummings makes a good net. I know that most of the guys I fish with have one. Not sure who all carries them, but Bluff City tackle in Alton might. I know Dunn's sporting goods does for sure. I think that net will run ya about 35 bucks.:wink:

5. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use the rubber nets from wal mart works fine for me hope i helped

6. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Grumper
    Where is Dunn located at????

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Dunn's is located in Pevely, Mo, and I think they have a store in St.Charles too. :wink:

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I think they sold off the St Charles store.

9. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Changed the name to Gateway outfitters dont know if they sold it or not its on north service drive in st peters.

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, there ya have it. Who would have thought when we formed this Gateway Cats Club, that there would be all new businesses open up just to cater to our every need?:wink:

11. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    when are they gonna start on the "free gateway outfitters"

12. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    they did change the name to gateway outfitters a little while ago its a nice little store

13. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I just bought a landing net a couple of weeks ago from .................. It is called the beast and is a huge net, should be able to handle anything. No one is going to tell me again to get a bigger net. I love this thing although I haven't had a chance yet to fill it up. It is a well made, sturdy net. Best of luck.

:cool2:

14. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    You could always get a net the size of punkins....I think he could slepp in his, or you could just reach down there grab her by the lip and bring on board.:wink:

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I bought mine from Bass Pro in St Charles. I know they have em in stock cause I was just in there the other day and say em. I think they are running around $45 or so.

I have netted many a large fish in my net, I tried to hoist a 50+ pound fish into the boat once and the long handle bent, so I was forced to re-inforce the handle a bit.

The only fish that didn't fit in my net was that 91 pounder I caught in April. :wink:

16. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I made a new webbing for mine so that it is deeper. Dont know yet if it will hold the world record but I should know by the end of the year.

17. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    You been around ole-harry too long

18. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Dunn's also has an online store.They're actually a fairly large chain.

19. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Dredge
    You got a address for that online store. I searchd the web but didn't find any online store for them.

Never mind just did another search from here at work and they came right up.

20. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Glad I could help.I don't think too many people know they're online.The place looks and feels like a small town tackle shop.With the price of gas,it may be easier to have it delivered than run from St.louis to Jeff. County.