Landing net ideas.

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by germanmudfish, Jun 26, 2008.

1. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    After losing a 15# blue the other night for want of a long distance landing net, I have put pen to paper and began a design, that I think will work real well from the spillway wall to the boat side. I am looking for ideas of what would make the perfect drop net. After I have made a prototype and tested it, I will share this net around the country for further comments and criticism. Anyone interested please provide details of your perfect net via this forum or PM. I will accept any ideas. Please do not hesitate, in brainstorming there are no wrong or silly ideas. I am looking to produce a quality product designed and tested by the ladies and gentlemen that would use it. The goal is to make a high quality, affordable net that will hoist the trophy cat (up to 150#?) up the wall, easy entry into the net, recoverability, multi-use, small boat foot print, control in current, easily carried from the parking lot,....you get the idea. If all this works out, then I would have left my mark on the catfishing world, lol :crazy::smile2::smile2::embarassed:. Thank you all brothers and sisters.

2. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    I am hoping the net will assist in getting the giga cats into the boat unharmed, fingers intact, and released unharmed. Kinda like installing a handle on the cat. I can not believe that the BOC has no ideas to offer.:crazy: Help a guy out here.

3. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I use my regular landing net.
    I tie 3 strings equally spaced with 1 at the handle.
    Tie the strings to a small ring and the drop line from that. Make the handle string a scant bit longer and the handle will hit the water 1st and stop it from spinning.
    Check out the library for other drop net ideas.
    have a good one
    just