Landing below Terry Lock and Dam?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by rebhog, May 26, 2006.

1. rebhog

rebhog New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Does anyone have any information regarding the Landing near Terry Lock and Dam just below Little Rock? Is it any good?

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Are you talking about the one at Wrightsville?

3. rebhog

rebhog New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    No, the game and fish map shows one right at the Dam on the North side.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    It's been a coon's age since I was over on the other side. There's every possibility that the F&G has put one in since I was there. I know they just put one in a few years ago up at the nuclear plant, so it's not like they aren't still putting them in where they feel they are needed.

5. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    There is in fact a ramp on the North ( or East) side of the river at DD Terry Lock and Dam (#5). Actually there is an upstream ramp and a down stream ramp in the lock channel on that side. To get there from Little Rock, you take hwy 165 south almost to Scott. Turn right on Colonel Maynard Rd. where there is a sign for Willow beach. Stay on this until you get to Lock and Dam. There will be another G&Fish sign for Willow Beach on the Right. Ignore this . There are no signs for DD Terry L&D. Just stay straight on C Maynard. There will be a long oxbow lake on right. A little past the end of this, C Maynard jogs left and a concrete road goes straight. This concrete road will take you straight to the Lock. They have placed barricades on this road, but it is not closed. The barricades are just to cut down on drag racing as I understand. I fish this spot a lot and it is pretty good. Also, it doesn't seem to receive much fishing pressure.

On another note, does anyone know anything about that oxbow I mentioned in those directions? It is on the right side of Colonel Maynard Rd. in between 165 and the River. It has posted signs, but one of my friends says those signs were just put up by locals to keep others out. It looks awesome for catfish and crappie, but im not about to launch in it without knowing the status as far as public/private.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    You might try sending an email to the F&G about it. You may need to ask more than once before you get an answer.