Landau Weld-tek boats/Livewell

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Grumper, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Fellow, BOC members, i just have a couple of questions. Number 1, I just bought a '03 Landau weld-tek 1754 jon. It seems like a well built boat, with a .100 guage all weld hull, I took it out once and it does rides nice and takes rough water good. I haven't really seen any of these boats around and was wondering if anybody has had any experience with these boats. Question 2, The boat dosen't have a livewell in it, I could use a 120qt cooler with aerator, but there is a lot of wasted space in the rear bench seat. Right now it is foam filled with a 1/8" plate across the top with 3 pedestal bases for seats. Does anyone have any ideas for a inexpensive livewell that looks good and that isn't super heavy. I really don't need something huge, cause the only time I actually use a livewell for fish is during about 2 tournaments i fish per year. Mainly want something for the occasional bass fishing tournament or for my live bait. Anybody have experience with the tempress hatches and liners? That's one idea, any others?

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Keep in mind water weighs 8 pounds a gallon. I wouldnt put it in the rear bench for several reasons.