Land to shoot on in GA?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by bradley_G, Oct 22, 2009.

1. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    hey GA guys, had a question for those of you who hunt/shoot. I'm looking for some land to shoot on, mostly clays, but maybe some small caliber stuff too. Anyone have any ideas of where to find lots of land I can shoot on?

Califonia had certain lands that were public and you could just go and shoot, but I dont know what to look for here in GA.

2. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I would guess I'm a bit too far south for you, I live in Taylor county, in wonderful Mauk GA.

3. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    how far you want to drive there is a place in rome up here floyd county country club they have clay target set up and a pistol and rifle range to. You can look it up on line http://floydcountywildlifeclub.com/

4. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    you could go to cherokee rose in griffin,they have skeet shooting and everything.(i guess their still there)i'm pretty positive they are.

5. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    www.cherokeerosesporting.com

6. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    My folks have 91 acres up near lake Hartwell that I unload on. You are welcome to ride up and blast away with me some time. Dont have any clay or anything. But I've gat a Cobray PM11 and a 300 mag that'll break you shoulder:eek:oooh:

7. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Creteus I think you should be holding that cobray in your avatar. It'd really put it over the top.

Anytime you go let me know, I'll bring the clay and we could shoot all sorts of stuff. you do any hunting up there?

by the way, you ever make it up to camp out here on the 'toona?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  8. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Most of its open cattle land. In the back there used to be a couple of hundred acres of woods, but we only own 10 acres of that. The other property owners ended up logging it and building chicken houses. The deer went with the trees. Theres turkey and if you want to do a little coyote spotlighting theres plenty of those at night. Hows your wounded rabbit call, LOL. I havent hunted in a long time. Its not my cup of tea to get up at the a$$ crack of dawn and sit in a tree hoping a deer will walk by. I like my sleep.

Havent made it to the toona yet. The campers been leaking water in all this rain without me knowing. I had 3 inches of grass growing in the carpet of it:crazy:.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  9. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    You like to snipe hunt Bradley G?

10. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    love snipe hunting, in fact I was #2 on the pro am non-existant tour in the southwest before I moved to GA.....lol.

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hey Bradley check with your game wardens office cause there is a shooting range down here by Hawkinsville they run so they may have one around you

12. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    trying to find a more "free" solution to the range.

13. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Get you one of them post office jobs.
    Comes with a range and targets.

14. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    THE RANGE AT HAWKINVILLE IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC BUT IT DOES GET CROWDED

15. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Yeah, that free stuff is nice ain't it. :smile2:

16. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    there one at johns mt. to look in the hunting regulation in the back and it tells you were there are shootin ranges at

17. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    The shooting range down here is free you just have to wear eye and ear protection

18. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
  19. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well Bradley, if you're really that hard pressed for somewhere to go, you could always come down here. You're welcome to sit on our porch and shoot anything you can carry! We often have to fish .357, 9mm, .22LR or 12ga shells outta the pool! :0a10:

But then again, what you save on range fees would probably be eaten up with gas, since we're not all that close to you.

Oh, and if you decide to come down this way, bring some tackle with you and we can pull a few nice catfish or bass outta the pond! :0a1:

Just a thought...
    - Marty -

20. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    thanks Marty, perhaps I'll have to make a weekend of it sometime and we could fish that river down there for some big ol' flatties too, but it's a little far to drive for target shooting. Thanks for the offer though.