Land Owner Rights

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LiquidSteel, Jun 3, 2007.

1. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
  2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Now that is priceless..
    Pete

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kenny thanks for sharing. Thats what I call a PAY BACK.:lol::big_smile:

4. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Know a few people Id like to try that on. Thanks for posting.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Similar incident happened to my grandad years ago...
    He lived on one of the Apostle Islands in Lake Superior. Lots of sailboaters in the area. One day a sailboat dropped anchor near grandads beach and a feller proceeded to come ashore and deposit his trash on the beach then left. Grandad noted the sailboat #, picked up the trash, went to the mainland, inquired as to the owner, made his way to owners house and deposited the trash in the fellers yard:lol:... True story...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We treat this world of ours as though we had a spare in the trunk.

6. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    That was real good.

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I don't like to fish with people around. I go when no one else is there. Went recently on a Friday to a local river hole minutes from home. Nice sandbar and I easily catch channels when I'm in the mood. A nice sandbar out of the wind, a pretty limestone bluff across the river for scenery. I get to the bar and it's loaded with trash, a smoldering fire-pit and no one else around. I proceed to pick up 15 empty beer bottles, 5 broken beer bottles, 16 crushed beer cans, 100 or so feet of mono filament line, a broken pole shoved in the sand, assorted food wrappers, a half full bottle of stink bait. Left on the bar was a brand new 22 gallon cooler. I shoved all this junk in the cooler, took it to the top of the bank (I got a bad back and couldn't carry it to my truck) and stuck it in the weeds. I knew the owner of this part of the river and knew he would pick it up. Once on the top of the bank I crushed in the cooler top and took the screws out of the lid. I began fishing. An hour later 2 motley useless youth show up and ask me if I had seen a new cooler on the bar. Nobodies been here but me I said. They searched around and found the cooler in the weeds. How could anyone do this to our stuff they said cursing in that language morons that age can use. I didn't say anything and kept fishin'- a really nice smile on my face.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good read. I have some property that I don't "live" on and also have uninvited guests.

9. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Unfortunately most land owners can relate to this. I've had to let my roads deteriorate to the point where they are barely passible by 4x IF you know the right path through the ruts to keep people out. Sometimes it backfires. Over Memorial Day I had to go borrow a tractor to get a guest out who went the wrong way.:roll_eyes: