Land lock Stripers

Discussion in 'Striper Fishing' started by ShilohRed, Jan 9, 2007.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
  2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    look good to me!!

3. Chris54WVa

Chris54WVa New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Looks like to me that you know exactly what you are doing Pete.I fish for stripers at Smith Mountain Lake in Va,and have seen fly close to that pattern.I tie my own bucktails,and make my own jigheads,so I will say that you will have good luck with those.The like the long hair on them,and the colors are perfect for stripers.Good luck.Let us know how they work when you can.Thanks

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Pete I don't see why they wouldn't work. I seen this old man fishing for them one day with what looked like a small mop head with a hook in it. Here's what got me to notice it he would cast it out and then bring it in and mash the water out of it. Then he would dip it into this 5 gal bucket and cast,I was wondering what this old guy thought he was gonna catch on that damn thing. Right about then he pulled a nice one in I said nice fish he said YEP THOSE GROUND UP SHAD & SHINNERS DO THE TRICK EVERYTIME.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks
    That is my first try at them. but sure hope to do lots more if they work here.
    Also here is how i plan on rigging them.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/Striper flys/3wayrig.jpg
    Will be a 3 oz sinker then the fly on the 36" leader.
    That is what we use in the boils at the dam. Works great with 8 to 12" shad or skip jack. So should work with these also. And will even use them on planner boards and see what happens.

I hope to start on my own buck tail jigs before spring. As at the price they charge around here I can pour my own.
    Also would love to find a mold for 8 to 10" plastic minnow's. May have to just make my own mold for them. AS there around $2 each here .
    Pete

6. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I really like the looks of those, especially the one in the middle on the first pic. Could you send me one of those to try?:big_smile:
    I talked with the striper guide I use on Texoma yesterday. He said they were just tearing them up. I bet either of those cast into a school pushing the shad would get several takers. Be sure and report back

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    LOL That 20 would work better in a Stripper bar. LOL
    Pete

8. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete thats a go cart track, you never use the s word. I went back and looked and i didn't find one of them long green ones in the stufff we swapped the other day, must have forgot to put that one back in after the photo, huh.

9. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They look good to me.

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Forgot about that. Yours was in air dollars. And when you looked they left HAHA
    Pete