Land Clearing from Early America!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Makes me feel better about my own land clearing efforts :wink:

[gv]5902615146652472529[/gv]​

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Things sure have come a long way over the years! The early settlers and even those up till the 1960's didn't have nearly the equipment at their disposal that we have available these days!

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Cool freekin flick! I swear I saw that when i was in 5th grade coverin geography. That was a good ride. THANX!

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I watched all 23 minutes of that video and that was very interesting stuff! I had uncles who were in the C.C.C. back in the 50's and they always told me some interesting stories! Man how the times have changed!

5. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    My great aunt and great uncle (brother and sister) lived together after aunts hubby died. She wanted to make a garden in a different spot than where granddad had it before they took over the old home place. He told her to go for it if thats what she wanted. He said I picked up rocks for 17 cents a day and I'm not doing it anymore. Arkansas has plenty of rocks so I can see where he was coming from.

I bought this place and I think the rocks are breeding. I am still picking them up after 2 years.

6. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Now I believe that one of those guys in the humbolt portion of this video was my great uncle Jimmy. Of course you cant see him very well cause he dosnt look right at ya, but its him. My aunt told me he was in probably 6 or 7 of these type films that were created for the school system. He was mostly a logger but did whatever needed doing as did most everyone else. Those folks are true pioniers and know the true meaning of working for a living.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks, Boss.

My Father was in the CCC many years ago. He had some funnies to tell, too.
    He helped build the roads in Pikeville, TN up to Fall Creek Falls for one.

Merry Christmas to you and Sis!
    Cheryl

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Walmart will be building a "Superstore" on that site one day...

~~~~~~~~~~
    In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. ~~Theodore Roosevelt