Lamine River near the mouth of the Missouri River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone ever do any good fishing out there. I've tried fishing out there a few times with no luck other than gar. I wanted to fish the pile of brush near the railroad bridge but figured I'd just find a lot of snags so fished a series of stumps near the bank along a channel drop off. Just looking for the best places to go. Chris

2. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I fish the lamines alot some years are better than others,last year only 1 flathead ithink it was about 15 lbs and a few channel and blues nothing to brag about ,but the year before last several flatheads over 30lb and a few blues around 20,the best fish in the lamines i think is flats fish it at night for best results ,hopefully this year will be better than last

3. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    I fished where the Lamine dumps into the MO several times last year. Caught a bunch of 2 and 3 pound channels and blues. Nothing any bigger. I was in a boat and pulled up on the bank just inside the river out of the current. Had the best luck fishing the center of the river channel right at the current from the MO. One time I went up river to where the Lamine goes under I-70. Didn't have any luck there at all and it was a lengthy boat ride. Good luck!

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Terry the best time to fish up close to I-70 is around the flathead spawn i have caught good flathead then,lrt me know when you are going to fish the lamines next time and i will bring my boat up and show you a trick or two

5. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Terry, I fished the same place you're talking about but only had a few bites. I also took the ride to the I-70 bridge, cool scenery but I didn't fish up there. For some reason I keep thinking I can find some flatheads in the stumps on west side of the bank near the RR bridge. Fished it a few times last year but no luck, they gotta be there. Gonna give it a try Monday or Tuesday night. Thanks for the info! Chris

6. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    where do you dock your boat to fish the mouth of lamine river
    Also does any body fish the mouth of north grand on the missouri and where do you launch your boat,to fish the mouth of grand,

7. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    I always put in at the ramp off of the outer road north of I-70. Nice ramp and parking lot. Chris

8. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Fishingbuddy4 (Robert),

Don't be surprised of I call you some time and take you up on the tips you offered to give about fishing the Lamine around I-70.

What about fishing the Lamine where it goes under US-50 east of Sedalia. any good places to go there?

Thanks

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Have not fished down there ,to many rocks and alot of shallow areas