Lakes Wateree and Monticelo

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CKT, Mar 16, 2007.

1. CKT

CKT Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Heading to SC on mon 19th-22 and ill be fishing these two lakes any tips for this time of year catching some good cats?

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    wateree has been pretty muddy,havent heard any reports yet from there on cats,they are in there big time,if it was me i would fish up in the river run,from water creek to cedar crek dam concentrating on the flats with near by deep water or river channel,there are some pretty good deep holes along the edeges that you ought to look for also,monticello would be about the same,the water is a whole lot clearer right now too with a few good catches being reported,we are going sunday,will post report on monty we we return sunday evening

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Monticello should be pretty clear because no major creeks flow into the lake. Wateree on the other hand will be getting muddy again after the rains from today.

The big boys love white perch and shad in both lakes. I was wanting to fish Monticello Monday but I think I'm going crappie fishing instead. Good luck.

4. CKT

CKT Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Where are you going crappie fishing ? are the crappie biting good down there yet? we are planning to cat fish and crappie fish

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Greenwood is where we will go. Yes they are biting, a guy at work said they caught 50 or so Wednesday.

6. CKT

CKT Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Wonder if this warm up will put the cats and crappie back to biting:roll_eyes:

7. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    ctk fished gwd yesterday and today ,for crappie,didnt start until noon or so .caught around 35 sat and today caught 45 ,all on junebug@chart curlytail below a cork or black@chart tube about 2 and half ft below cork.all were mostly big females.fished mid lake in back of coves water temp 59 to 62 fish were in 2 to 4ft or water bruce..

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Bruce you gone have to show me where the crappie are Friday.