lakes turned ?

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tkoehler, Aug 8, 2008.

1. tkoehler

tkoehler New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    anyone know if branched oak turned lately ? went fishing last night and there was all of these big chunks of moss floating on the surface, not to mention not one bite !

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I sure the majority of the lakes in Nebraska have turned already. As a matter of fact, the Nebraska BOC Gathering was held at Branched Oak last night. First day of the gathering. I attended the Gathering along with WIL (WIL), BIG VIC (VIC), Luke from Lincoln and myself. We ended up using Vic's boat and we caught 13 Channels ranging in weight from 2 to 6 pounds. These fish were caught on Blood Bait and Cut Bait. Good night for us. I lost a bigger fish on Blood, due to a bad hook set and trying to get my pole out of the holder. That sucked!! Luke caught his PB at 6#. He was stoked!! Great job Luke!!:wink:

3. newtothesport

newtothesport New Member

State:
    nebraska
    I went fishing with big vic, bownero and will for the boc gathering. It was an awesome time up there at Branched Oak, bownero let me use some awesome blood bait so a thanks goes out to him. Without the bait i wouldnt have landed my pb at 6#. I continued fishing untill noon the next day and started catching them in the shallows around the floating weeds. Of the two pulled in they both had green moss in their mouths. They were also really slamming the night crawlers, the 5# cat from that morning hit like a bass and nearly jerked my pole from my hands. The other one i pulled in was about a pound, both released. I had hooked another one but it broke my line when he hit. So hopefully helps out,
    Luke

Thanks again bownero

4. mostowage

mostowage New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Haven't fished Branched Oak - but it was in the process of turning at Merritt, while we were there, last weekend.

Good Luck.