Lakes near Illinois

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gargoil77, Apr 18, 2006.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I heard a long time ago, that there are several lakes somewhere near the Illinois border. I'm thinking that they are near some strip mines or quarries or something. If I remember right, you have to carry your boat from lake to lake and once you get to the back lake you can catch some huge bluegill.
    Does anyone know where I'm talking about?

2. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    Mark,
    If you goto Green/Sullivan state forest there are 116 Lakes. They are species specific lakes for trout ,Bass, Bluegill, Walleye, Catfish, and about 1/3 mixed species lakes. They are mostly old quarry's like you suggested. There are also numerous lakes and ponds in the Daviees county and Knox county areas. I have fished alot of these in the last 10 yrs, and can give you some good suggestions for what you want to catch.

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    lots of areas like you are talking about around the IN/IL borders,i know of a few places that are just like you discribed around vanderburgh and posey county near the wabash river...mostly old strip mine pits and sloughs.

4. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll hit ya'll up when I need more info.