Lakes Monticello & Hartwell ledges

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by foothills, Jun 1, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    how should you anchor on places that are very steep ledges...i'm talking 60 to 70 feet or more coming up fast to 20 to 30 feet and the boat only being about 10 yards or so away from the shore line...where & how should you anchor and then how do you propely fish these steep ledges?

2. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    I fish alot of these type places on hartwell, when I am that close to the bank i just fish out of one side of the boat and throw down the ledge. When possible I like find these ledges away from the bank and anchor on the shallow side of the ledge and fan cast around the ledge and on the shallow side. I won a tourny last summer doing that same thing.

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    brad...do you fish these ledges even if you don't mark fish on them or do you only fish the ledges that you mark fish and bait??

4. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    well its always a big plus if its marking fish and bait, but i do still fish them if its not, i just dont give the spot as long before i move on. If it is marking bait and fish it just gives me alot more confidence in the spot and I will sit there a while. And it depends on how desperate I am, If i am fishing tourny and got to have some fish in a hurry, I would probably skip over something that wasnt marking, hope this helps