Lakes! Anyone fished these for flathead catfish or channel catfish?

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by PiscMonkey, Feb 27, 2008.

1. PiscMonkey

PiscMonkey New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Has anyone in and around SW Michigan fished on these lakes? Austin Lake, Gun Lake, Gull Lake and others for Flathead & Channel Catfish?

2. ittybittykitty

ittybittykitty New Member

State:
    Belleville Michigan
    I don't have any experiance with catfish in S.W. Michigan. The first thing I would do is contact the Fisheries Biologist at your regional office. He (or she) can give you some information on which lakes have what you are looking for. Once you narrow your list down some, you can use lake maps to get an idea where the fish are. Also, once you have some details on the lakes to post people can give you some specific tips. I went to the DNR site but couldn't find the regional office list, however it is in the License rules book. The DNR site has downloadable maps for most Michigan lakes. Go to the DNR home page, find "Online Services", click on "More Services" then click on "Lake Maps". Good Luck, and have fun fishing.

3. PiscMonkey

PiscMonkey New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Thanks I'll do that ASAP before spring rolls around but I know that is just around the corner. :smile2: :wink:

4. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Phil gave you some good advice. I talked to one of the DNR biologists & he was really friendly & helpful.