Lakefront property!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by FREESPOOL, May 4, 2008.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Well, kind of anyways. :smile2: We've leased this campsite for the season. It's on Lake Lou Yeager. This is where the Ferrari family will be found on the weekends this summer!!:big_smile: The campsite is only accessible from boat. So there's no power, water, or restrooms!!! Primative baby!! :tounge_out: Needs a little work. But we'll whip her into shape. We're excited. Only problem.... it's going to interfere with my river fishing. :embarassed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Wow Dan, man that is cool!!! Sounds like alot of future fond memories are going to be made this summer!

Sounds like you will be reading about the rest of us reeling in the big blues this summer!!!:wink::smile2::smile2:

I'd bet there are some decent flatheads there though! Sounds like Dan is going to be targeting the Flatties this summer!!!

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    He'll definately be at the north end and around the spillway going after their big channels there.. I spent alot of years on that lake.. I used to live 1/2 mile from it..

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I just wander if mrs. Dano knows about this yet? :crazy: Only pics are ummmm son and boat so that would mean dano is running the camera, :smile2: LOL, Looks great Dan, Do you already have a "spot" at Honey-Bend Club?????????????? :wink:

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    If he does Randy, then it will soon be the ex Mrs Danno... hehehe.... I can remember when that place was Camp Jamoco, in Honey Bend, a getaway for the city folks to camp and have fun..

6. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Wow Danny that looks great! When am i going to get the invite to stay at the new place? Looks like it could use some TLC and you will have a great camp site. If you need any help with anything let me know i make a great gopher. :smile2:

7. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois

I'm confident there will be some great memories made. :wink: That's the plan. The whole family is excited. This darn work and school thing is just kind of complicating things. :smile2:
    The only downfall I can see of the whole thing is it getting in the way of fishing the river. :sad2: If it wasn't for this dang place, i'd be at the lake Saturday with the family.... and the river on Sunday. :smile2: I'm sure I'll manage though. I'm going to find some time to hit the river for sure!
    I haven't heard anything about flathead cats out there Believe or not. I'm gonna try though. There's going to be plenty of decent sized channels that make it to the fryer at least!

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Never heard of any flatties there Dan, but i do know there are some Very nice channel cat in that lake, i guess REAL nice ones, I have seen some that went well over 15# out of there. Plus you should have been up in them woods already, SHROOM"N

9. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I've caught three channels that were or were real close to 13 lbs out of there. Doesnt' exactly compare to a Mississippi blue though. :sad2:

I've found about 8 morels just moseying around near the campsite. I'm sure I could find plenty if I took a walk through the woods. I've never eaten one though. What do you do with them when you find them? How do you prepare and cook them??

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    There were 15 lb channels in there back in the 80's.. They should be whoppers by now.. Maybe even a record..I haven't fished there in 20 years..

11. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    So Freespool, what are you gonna miss about the river. You dont catch fish and by being on the lake you may be able to find your line back when it comes off the reel. JK buddy. Hope you have nothing but good times there.

12. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    You must have missed the picture I posted of my monster from the river last Saturday Bob!!!

13. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Nice place you got there, Dano. If I was you, I wouldn't even worry about the river. From the looks of things, and the forecast this week, you'll have all summer to enjoy your place before the river goes down.:confused2::sad2::wink:

14. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well just bring over around 100 or so and i'll show ya:wink:

Na just cut them in 1/2 long way and rinse them out or soak in a bit of salt water, (get the critters out) then you can cook them any way really, we like to lightly flour/breading on them then fry until golden, they are good with a little butter garlic next to a 32oz. porter house :dribble:. MAN if you have not ate them and like shrooms WOW, and if you have found that many there get you but out and walk that place, obviously no one else has been on it yet!?

15. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Isn't that the truth. We should be burnt out on camping out there by the time the river settles down anyways. :roll_eyes:

16. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I'm going to have to give it a shot. I DO like mushroom. No one has really been out there this year. I introduced ourselves to the neighbor out there. He came over to our site and was talking with us for a bit. And he picked about 8 of them right where we were standing and talking. Guess I need to get back out there before he snatches all the good ones!!

17. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Dan looks like rainmaker cove to me, my brother had a lot up there years ago right around the north point from were your at. That lake is a great channel cat lake but the pleasure boat traffic can get a little busy on the summer weekends.

18. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Oh yeah, I've got dock bumpers on the way to keep the toon from smashing against the dock when all the pleasure boaters are roughing up the cove. :roll_eyes: With the family out there, we'll be one of the people pulling the tube and skis behind the boat creating havoc on the lake on weekends too. :smile2:

Do morels just pretty much grow in the spring? Or do they grow anytime when it's warm and moist?

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    So when are we having a dollar tourny and fish fry to christen Dan's new playground...

20. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Hey Randy... do you have a map of Yeager like you sent me of Cofeen?