lake wylie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by big fishing, Jan 22, 2010.

1. big fishing

big fishing New Member

State:
    Arizona
    does any one know the lake wylie official record for blue and flathaed thank u

2. b74

b74 Member

State:
    york sc
    Its going to be cought by the carolina hookers team

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    No records are kept on a Lake by Lake basis.Its all unofficial.It would have to be a State record to go in the books.

4. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    i think it would be this blue, it was around 68lb and the biggest flatty i have caught was just shy of 50 it was 49 and change. it is not official but we kind of keep track of it for fun. i predict that a 75lb blue will come from wylie this year and a 55lb flatty will be right behind it.

Attached Files:

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Bowlerman[/B got his big blue last year, and it is the biggest that has actually been weighed and witnessed. Billfish76 had a 64 pounder from year before last, so 70 pounds is within reach.

Lake Wylie is not a "big fish lake". There just aren't many big fish in Lake Wylie, so if you are looking for one you're better off heading down to Lake Wateree.

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    For Flatheads the biggest Ive heard of was a few ounces shy of 50lbs.

7. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West

Would Monty be better than Wateree for big fish?????

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...Would Monty be better than Wateree for big fish?????..."

Thats close.

Wateree is more forgiving than Monti. If I had to pick one of the two lakes to catch a 30+ pound fish out of, it would be Lake Wateree. With that said, there are times when Monti will outfish Wateree. Monti was not built on a river, so it is not affected by current like most lakes that catfish anglers are accustomed to. This can be a major change in thinking for most fishermen.