Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake temperatures have remained in the mid 50's most of the week. More inflow of water has stained the upper lake, but the lake level is now one foot below its target elevation for this time of the year. Almost all ramps are open and access to any part of the lake is easily accomplished from public ramps.

The "mega bite" has slowed somewhat on Lake Wylie this week. Last weeks catches of 25-35 fish per day have went down t0 10-15 per day. The overall size is lower also. Even with the reduction in total numbers the bite is still above average for late winter on Lake Wylie.

Warmer daytime temperatures and overnight lows in the 30 and 40's should warm the lake a few degrees over the week. Hopefully this will lead to another good weekend of fishing.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Holy Cow I'm gonna have to come fish there one day, LOL. Our bite is slow already this week. Did good last week but we dont get to see as many fish as you guys. I'm pretty sure we don't suck at fishing, just slow bite, LOL.

Great reports as always, thanks and I hope yas do well this week : )

-Jim-

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I just looked and saw that they are still calling for rain Friday, Friday night and few showers Saturday morning. I dont mind the 46 degree low. Im going to call tomorrow afternoon and see if things are a go.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lake Wylie has been raised about 7"-8" in the past week, and I would bet it will be at its target elevation by the weekend once the rain water from the past two days makes its way downstream.

IF so, this is the first time it has been at its target elevation since JULY 3rd OF LAST YEAR!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.