Lake Wylie Week of 2.10-1.16

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Feb 18, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Lake Wylie Week of 2.10-1.16
    The overall bite has been good on Lake Wylie this week. Above average catches have been taking place, mainly in the afternoon. Smaller baits and and a slower presentation seems to be the key.

Water temps are in the middle 50's on the main lake and the mid 60's on the South Fork. The large bait schools that were along the main lake channels have now scattered with the slightly higher water temperatures.

The lake level is still about 18" below the target level. Most access areas have ramps open.

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thanks Dieter, Great post. Lots of good info here.

3. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the post Dieter. Definitely some great info there. Thanks again.

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    thanks for the report Dieter,Me and Jeff were out on Wylie for a little bit Sunday morning doing a test ride on Jeffs new fishing machine,the water is looking alot better,we used Ebenezer landing with no trouble at all,maybe we will make it out soon for a fishing trip:wink:

5. dumpysinclair

dumpysinclair New Member

State:
    SC
    Marty,

Any tips on which side of the ramp to use or does it really matter. I rode by Ebenezer on Sunday and noticed the ramps were open, but it still looked pretty low. I'm glad you guys could load with no problem.

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    We used the middle one unloading and when we came back in to load i backed down in the one on the right looking at the ramps,the left side does look a little shallow still