Lake Wylie water level

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by billfish76, Oct 2, 2007.

1. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    The Duke Power is going to drop Wylie another foot and close all the ramps but Nivens creek. Has anyone else heard anything about this happening???

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I heard that santee cooper was going to drop the lakes anothr 5' to do some dam repair while the water was already so low. This low water is putting a hurtin on buisness everywhere especially the fish camps and bait stores.

3. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    No I haven't heard that. That would suck. Can someone do me a favor and post driving directions to the Nivens Creek landing. I have no idea where it is. Thanks.

4. dumpysinclair

dumpysinclair New Member

State:
    SC
    http://www.heraldonline.com/109/story/134658.html

It's true about Wylie (see link above-in The Herald today). The days at Wylie are numbered. For Nivens, it depends on where you're coming from, but get on Hwy 160 in Fort Mill. Then, take Dam Rd. and there are signs for Nivens on this rd. Hwy 160 is exit 85 off of I-77.

5. stinkbaitguy

stinkbaitguy New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I heard that duke was thinking about going to level 4,i think that means that no more water will be released!

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I got this from the Catawba Riverkeeper:

Lake Wylie:
    Buster Boyd Access Area-all ramps will be closed.
    South Point Access Area-all ramps will be closed.
    Ebenezer Access Area-likely to be closed by the end of the week.
    Allison Creek Access Area-all ramps closed.
    Copperhead Island Access Area-all ramps closed previously.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Maybe since the water is about all gone they will work on some of the ramps.

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    That is a good thought RR but it will cost money. Duke would have to propose a rate hike if that were to be considered:tounge_out:

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I was thinking they should do it now for safety reasons because if someone gets injured they will pay a whole lot more. I haven't been up to Wylie in a well over a month so I have no idea how bad it truely is.

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...That is a good thought RR but it will cost money...."

Perhaps Mr. James E. Rodgers, CEO of Duke Energy, would consider giving up a days salary to do some boat ramp work....that would be about $54,000 to work with.

Yes, folks, I said ONE DAYS SALARY, no typo there!!

At $13,000,000 a year in compensation it adds up fast.

BTW, I am a shareholder in Duke Energy.

11. dumpysinclair

dumpysinclair New Member

State:
    SC
    In one day he makes more than I do in a year. I think I'm gonna roll down the road and jump in Lake Wylie...too bad I won't drown-too shallow. Thanks for sharing-that's insane. Now I know who lives in some of those massive houses I ride by.