Lake Wylie Tournament November 11th

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Nov 8, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    It appears that Lake Wylie has somewhat stabilized in its water level and is up slightly from a few weeks ago. As we discussed at the October meeting, we will be having the tournament on Lake Wylie this Sunday the 11th out of Nivens Creek Access in York County. Launch time is 7:00am.

Several members including myself have launched out of the access area. The only problem is if you are alone and have to tie off and get your trailer, and this is because there is so little dock extending past the waterline. Since we will be there as a group lets work together to make sure that any of our solo members are able to get their boats in an out of the water with ease. If you are there alone don’t hesitate to ask one of the fellow club members to assist you with launching your boat.

I have launched my 19 foot center console out of the landing with no problem, and Rodger Taylor has launched his 20 foot pontoon, so we should be good to go.

The Nivens Creek Access area is off Dam Rd., which is off Hwy. 160 in York County. Traveling I-77 south from Charlotte take the Hwy. 160 exit and turn RIGHT at the top of the ramp. Dam road will be a couple of miles down on your LEFT. You can see a map at the following link: http://www.duke-energy.com/lakes/facts-and-maps/lake-wylie.asp

Our next meeting will be November 14th at the Gander Mountain store in Mooresville, NC.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    My official guess for the weights:

Winning Weight: 31 pounds
    Big Fish: 8.5 Pounds

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    i will guess,27lbs with big fish topping the scale at 7.85

4. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    i just hope i can catch bait :smile2:, i caught 10 channels last night from 2-10lb while crappie fishing. the fun part was they were caught on 6lb line on 9ft ultralight uglies :big_smile:,that is fun when you are catfishing and aggervating when you are crappie fishing. hope i can make it sunday. i have fished wylie all my life but i have never drifted it so i think i am going to give it a try. see you sunday

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Im going to guess 33lbs total weight and 8.3lbs for big fish.

See you there in the morning...