Lake Wylie, South Carolina

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by tatersalad, May 1, 2006.

1. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Went out with a buddy Friday night. We caught six channels on chicken livers (which were really nasty, but still on clearance sale in the GROCERY STORE, sorry still can't believe that). We were fishing next to an island with a lot of shells in the area. Biggest was 6 or 7#, with the rest pan sized.

can't wait to get back out:tounge_out:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Glad you caught something.

3. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That's cool. What part of the river were on? And I have to ask, did the advice the other day help at all?

4. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Yes the advice helped a bunch. We were boat fishing next to a large island. Started off in 4-6 deep water, catching 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 # fish. Later moved a little deeper and caught my personal best, a 6-7 # channel. Can't tell you guys how much i appreciate the help.

We are planning to fish down below the dam this weekend, after the water starts running.:big_smile:

5. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nice catch of channel catfish.

6. lovetafish76

lovetafish76 New Member

State:
    illinois
  7. Fisher14

Fisher14 New Member

State:
    SC
    Last time we were out at Wylie, we caught 6 or 7 nice channels (about 4 or 5 lbs a piece) near Big Allison. We were fishing in about 12 to 15 ft. of water. That's been several years ago, though. Glad to hear you had a great trip!

8. youngcatfisherman55

youngcatfisherman55 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have tried to fish near the dam but the little boat im on almost got capsized by a bigger boat. I dont think ill try that again. lol

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I think I'll fish Wylie Monday or Tuesday with me buddy. We'll be bass fishing if we go. I wanted to go to Santee but the three hour ride, plus gas and needing to save some money will be keeping me close to home. I can be on the water @ Wylie in about an hour.