Lake Wylie, SC 3/11/06

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by WylieCat, Mar 11, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I am lucky this weekend. The wife wanted me out of the house yesterday for spring cleaning, so I got to fish. Today she went with me, and tomorrow she wants me gone so she can do some more work on another room!! So in other words I am getting some time on the water.

Lake Wylie is confusing me. Yesterday I trolled in 20 mph winds and landed a 6+ pound blue and a 6+ pound channel. The same place today was empty, and of course there was no wind at all.

I caught eight cats yesterday and ten today, but we did not have the size today. Three came in 10 minutes right before we came home. We anchored in about 12 feet of water and cast toward the bank. Fish were on within seconds of getting the line tight. That was right at dark.

The water temp is creeping up. The South Fork River is in the low 70's and the main lake is in the lower 60's.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Back out again today and it was on. One of the places I fished yesterday and caught nothing produced 7 fish in 30 minutes. That was right at dark, so I am blaming it on the moon.

Overall there was a good steady bite today in 71 degree water. A total of 19 fish were caught in the 3-5 pound range. No monsters, but not any 10" fish either!!