Lake Wylie Saturday Evening 6-14

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Jun 12, 2008.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Anyone gone be fishing Wylie Saturday evening around 6pm out of Allison Creek Landing,Jeff and I will be there in my pontoon,probably be out till about 1am,gonna be looking for some of those Wylie Channel Cats.I hear the bite is hot out there right now.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I will be there too brother!! :wink:

If you are hearing the bite is good on the lower lake then I am in trouble!! My lat outings down there have yileded nothing but small white cats.

Maybe the "cooler" weather will change things.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good luck. I hope y'all find the ones you're looking for.

4. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am definitely fishing saturday evening, but I'm not gonna be there at 6:00. I'm gonna have to work 10 or 11 hours saturday unfortunatly. So I'll do good to be there around 7ish.:cool2:

But I'll have all my stuff in order today to make sure I'm covered.:wink:

I don't think the few hours before dark will be much fun anyway. With all the boat traffic. :eek:oooh: See yall.

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Wish I could make it out there, but Im in Maryland for the weekend.

Good luck to all

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I enjoyed seeing everyone Saturday night. Glad to see the Green Machine on Lake Wylie. Sorry you guys had such a bad homecing trip. As you could tell it was not your ability, but a really bad bite that was happening.

As always, someone is able to find fish no matter what the conditions, and Wylie Catter did it Saturday night. Great nights fishing Terry!!

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Yep,it was definately a bad bite for sure for,I guess non exsistant would be a better word,at least we did manage 3 for the 3 fish weigh in and that would not have happened if we would not have caught 2 in the last 15 minutes,but we still had a great time and met alot of new folks also.
    Terry great job locating that nice haul yall had,that was mighty impressive considering the results everyone else had,we look foward to fishing with yalls group again soon.
    Dieter,you may wanna go out and check your boat again this morning and make sure that snake didnt leave no siblings behind:smile2:

8. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Sounds like I didnt miss much, but a good laugh. I can just imagine Dieter with a fishing rod slapping the bottom of the boat trying to get that snake out. See you guys at the next one.....

9. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I had a real fun evening. I just got done cleaning all the fish everyone gave me.
    This sounds like bull but I'm telling the truth. I was headed up river and my boat started cutting off for some unknown reason. So we pulled over in a cove close by. And that's where we stayed. I don't beleive in coincidence so I'll call it (devine intervention). We caught all those fish shallow. About five of the bigger ones I cleaned were still full of eggs. I thought they were all done with spawning by now considering the water temps.

Marty it was nice to meet you and Jeff, I look forward to fishing with all you guys again.

Good company and catching a few fish was all I could ask for.