Lake Wylie Saturday 7.12.08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by wylie catter, Jul 8, 2008.

1. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm going fishing out of Allison Creek saturday evening.

Is anybody else planning on going?

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Team Green and the Green Machine are planning on it,see you there Terry

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    We will be there to, I plan on trying out the new boat, if I get the live well(cooler) set up to pump fresh water in and out.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I am driving in froma week in Florida to do some fishing on Wylie for the next few days!!!! :smile2: Seriously, vacation is over and I will be out there Saturday night and also a couple of days this week. I have not been on the lake in almost two weeks, so hopefully I can find some fish somewhere. :crazy:

5. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Dieter you'll have all the fish sore mouthed before saturday gets here.:smile2:

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I 2nd that Terry,wont be a Catfish in the Lake without a sore mouth when He gets done

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Im going to tell him just to tie the bait to the line and do away with the hook so we can go back and get them Saturday night.

8. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well the fish weren't biting too good but it was good to see everybody.

I still caught all my fish shallow. We caught one fish per spot till right up at the end of the night.
    Where did yall find them at?

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....Where did yall find them at?..."

LOL!!! :smile2: Now thats funny!!

Arnold ask me the same thing! Did you see our three fish? The only other fish we had were two bullheads!! :eek:oooh: We are not the ones to be asking where to find fish right now! Notice how we were listening and learning more than talking? :smile2:

We lost one good fish that was shallow, but the others were in 10-12 feet of water. We fished deep, shallow, humps, anchored, drifting....we tried everything. Sometimes it just ain't YOUR time to catch good fish. :wink:

The last few gatherings have been well below average as far as size goes. I am not sure what is up with that. Not too many people seem to be catching large numbers of fish either.

Even with the bad bite it was a fun time and always nice to see everyone come out.

10. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Well it was another slow bite for sure,we Like Dieter and Cary tried just about every method we could,we did end up with 6 Channels for the night and a 3 fish weigh in good enough for 3rd place,but it was some mighty hard fishin,4 of our fish came before dark drifting and we marked those spots and went back and anchored on em after dark,but the bite was terrribly slow only catching 2 more fish in the 9:30-1am range
    Enjoyed seeing everyone again and look foward to the Gathering on the 26th also on Wylie,that ought to be real interesting

11. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Hate I missed you guys this weekend. But work and Jay Bird coming down with a stomach virus kept me land locked here at home.