Lake Wylie Reports?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by FastenalFishing, Apr 27, 2006.

1. FastenalFishing

FastenalFishing New Member

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    Well, I have not been around in a while. The site looks great.I'm looking forward to getting out to Wylie this weekend, any suggestions on where to start, and baits?:0a22:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good to see ya back. I haven't been to Wylie this year yet.

3. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I would hit some points. The real shallow bite (1'-2') hasen't been doing much for me yet, but I've been catching a lot around 4' to 8'. And as far as bait, you can't go wrong with bream cut bait. Or if you just want to catch a bunch of little ones use night crawlers. But all of my fishing lately has been at night so if you go during the day it might be all together different.
    Good Luck!:)

4. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    went to wylie last night we cought 27 channel cats between 2-7lb we had a lot of fun we fished 10-18ft we used cut brim.

5. CarolinaCatter

CarolinaCatter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Went to Wylie yesterday and tried evrything from muscles, catalpa worms and stink bait. We caught two catfish. little ones.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    It is hot and cold depending on the time of day.

I caught 30 in one morning last week and I caught seven today. I fished in the middle of the day today and last week it was an early morning to mid-day, so the early bite may be better.