Lake Wylie Report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by crashman, Jun 7, 2009.

1. crashman

crashman Guest

Fished last night from 9-1 PM. Anchored on a 14' hump beside the main channel on the northern end and caught a couple 2-3 pounders. Then moved farther up river and again anchored in 15' of water off the main channel. Caught a handfull of channels, one was pretty nice at 7 lbs 4 oz. The rest were between 3-5 lbs. Didn't drift any this night. Were just using big live shiners.

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks for the report, Mitch! :cool2:

3. crashman

crashman Guest

Hey whats up with the rifle there Catgirl? Gonna shoot a cat?

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

:smile2:......MAYBE. :wink:

Nah, it's a little antique .22 that belonged to my grandad. Dad gave it to me for Christmas '07.

5. crashman

crashman Guest

Now thats something you keep in the family and pass down to the offspring. Thats good stuff. I have some very old reels in like new condition from my Paw that I'm gonna pass down myself.

6. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report Mitch.:wink:

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...Caught a handfull of channels, one was pretty nice at 7 lbs 4 oz...."

Mitch, that is a tournament winning fish there brother!!! I hope you can make it out for the Ted's Hunting and Fishing Catfish Tournament on Lake Wylie tomorrow night.

Good Lake Wylie report! :wink:

8. crashman

crashman Guest

I'm planning on being there, looking forward to meeting you guys down there.

9. SCcatman

SCcatman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I haven't been to Wylie since I was 8 years old. Where is the best place to put in on the SC side?

10. crashman

crashman Guest

The only two places I've put in on the SC side are at Buster Boyd and Allison Creek landing. The Allison Creek one is farther down in SC. It's a good landing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
  11. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....Where is the best place to put in on the SC side...."

I like Allison Creek Access Area. It is less crowded and a bit steeper. Buster Boyd is a very flat ramp and it is hard to NOT get you feet wet when you are launching and landing a boat alone.

Buster Boyd has some DEEP potholes after you exit the ramp. So, the holes that have water in them need to be crossed VERY slowly. :wink:

12. slipperycreekcritter

slipperycreekcritter New Member

State:
    north carolina
    HEY...Thats a real nice fish for Wylie.I fish Wylie several days a week / nights.But for the last 3 weeks Wylie bites have really gotten tough for me.I fish N.C & S.C sides of Wylie.Do alot of drifting with live & cut bait over deep water humps,creek beds,drop offs & just plain sandy smooth bottoms if alot of live bait is suspended above the bottom.Due to my work schedule I do not get to spend alot of time on this site.But I really like to read everyones fishing adventures.

MAYBE SOMEDAY WE WILL MEET ON THE WATER AT WYLIE !!!

GOOD LUCK