Lake Wylie Report 6.22.07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Jun 22, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    It took some work but I found some fish today on Wylie. The drift bite was the only thing working. Perch and bream were the baits of choice. There were a couple of seven pounders, a six, and a lot of 3-4 pound fish. I ended the morning trip with 16 cats.

Water on the main lake was around 81-83 at sunrise, the South Fork was around 95 by noon, the barometer was steady all morning around 1016mb, and there was virtually no wind.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Did you by any chance introduce your channels to my LKN white perch that you caught yesterday? Them little white perch heads tore them up didn't they! You keep fishing as much as you have been lately and you will give you know who a run for his money. Glad you had a good day and I hope you have a better night or is it tommorow night?:cool2:

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    We fished again Friday night Mac. Caught a good number of fish, but they were all bullheads. OUt of 17 fish we had three channel cats. Some guys did better, including Billfish.

Overall it was a slow big fish bite Friday night. Great weather, but there were a lot of boats. There was a bass tournament on the lake last night too. Those guys are some of the biggest idiots on earth when it comes to operating a boat at night. It is no wonder or surprise the man was killed on Badin in a night bass tournament, and that a bass boat ran into a boat on Wylie last weekend. It seems like you have to FAIL an IQ test to buy a bass boat!! :sad2:

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Fishing last night was good if you were just looking to bend a pole. I caught around 20 or so and pulled off another 10. They were all small. Some I wondered how they got the hook in their mouths. I did end up with 3 that were about 5lbs each. It was a nice night, but the bass guys were all over, some I saw running around the creeks with no stern lights. Watch out for them they dont give you any room when anchored.

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I caught a nice green carp last night about 4 pounder:lol:. Normally they make excellent bait but this night it didn't get a sniff from the finicky cats we were fishing.