Lake Wylie Report 6/12-13/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Jun 15, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Team Green hit Wylie Friday night for an all nighter from 8pm-6am.We went up in the river the 1st few hours to try and latch on to one of those Wylie hawgs those boys been catching lately,the bite was pretty slow for those few hours,there was a lot of current when we got there but slowed to a crawl to nothing about an hour later,we all seemed to hit it at the wrong time,we ended up with 1 Flathead pushing 8 lbs and another good one lost on the way to the boat and also 2 or 3 channels.We decided to move down to a creek and drift it about 1:00am,that was the best move of the night,we drifted 8 rods off the toon and the channels were hammering it from the get go,we ended up catching 27 channels and 3 blues the rest of the night in the creek.We actually had 6 Channels on at one time,that was a great site to see.All the fish were running between 4 and 6 lbs with the Biggest Channel coming in right at 7 lbs.Depth ranged from about 4ft to 16ft and they were preferring cut gizzard shad over bream.Drift speed seem to work best at .06 mph.
    That was one of the best bites we have had on Wylie as far as numbers in quite awhile for us and it came at a great time,we ended up having the best 3 fish Channel Cat stringer of the night at 19.11 lbs and also the Big Fish at 6lb 15 oz.:wink:.Thats 2 out of the last 3 for Team Green and also a 3rd,hope our Wylie luck continues forn awhile longer with the Wylie Channels:big_smile:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Boy, ya'll put it on them didn't ya, LOL. Thanks for the report Marty...great job guys.

-Jim-

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats Guys!:wink: The Green Team can't be stopped, You can only hope to contain'em:wink:

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Marty - that's what I call a bona-fide SMACKDOWN :smile2:

5. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Way to go .Congrads Marty and Jeff.Come on and tell us which one of you was doin the catchin or which one was the "net man"? I can remember a while back in a tournament one brother did all the catching:smile2:

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Hey Sam,I will net em all night long as long as it pays at the weigh in:wink:Actually this time it was about split down the middle,we even had to net our own a few times cause the bite was so good:cool2:

7. CRAPPIEMAN

CRAPPIEMAN New Member

State:
    GASTONIA N
    Congrats guys on the win,

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats on the win!!! :big_smile:

That was a great stringer of channel cats that would win most tournaments on the Wylie!!!

It seemed like the 3 3/4 - 4 pounds was the common catch that night on Wylie. Over half the teams were 11 pounds and change that evening.

You found the big 'uns! Awesome job!!!

As is always the case; the points race will be TIGHT!!! :eek:oooh:

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    BTW, congrats to BOWLERMAN for the win in the big fish side pot with the 13 pound blue catfish!!! :crazy::eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2:

10. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Yep Bowlerman has been on a roll lately with the Big Fish:wink:

11. crashman

crashman Guest

Congrats on the win guys! Hopefully we'll get to join yuns at Wateree.

12. FishN4Fun

FishN4Fun New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on the win. This coming from the 1st loser - Team Wallace

13. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    way to go guys you caught a good number of fish, i hope to see yall at wateree

14. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Oh heck! I skipped a tourney and another Team Wallace has took my place! LOL

Congrats Marty and Jeff. Good job.