Lake Wylie Report 3.1.09-3.7.09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Mar 7, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Overall Bite: POOR
    Water conditions on Lake Wylie this week were about as bad as you can get. Almost 2” of rain last weekend raised the lake significantly and muddied the water. Then 6” of snow last Sunday, and temperatures in the teens, dropped the surface water temperature into the 46-48 degree range. Then for the past several days Duke Energy has been pulling the water back down to seasonal levels.

Reports from several anglers, including myself, reveal similarly poor catches. No method or part of the lake produced any catches of note. As is always the case, a nice fish can always be caught if you happen upon it, but the past few days catches on Lake Wylie have been no more than 3-5 fish. Neither drifting nor anchoring produced anything of mention.

Lake Wylie is now within 6” of its target elevation, so perhaps this more stable water level combined with warm weather early in week may be kick the fish into more of a normal feeding mode by mid-week.

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thanks for the report Dieter.:wink: I think all the percipitaion and flow of cold water kind of throwed cats into a funk everywhere. Keep the reports coming, they are much appreciated.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report, Dieter!

Bill in SC

4. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Thanks for report:wink:

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Thanks for the report Dieter. I drove over Wylie yesterday and it looked rather muddy still.

6. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Thanks for the report I have been out of touch for several months I hope to be back up to par soon.:roll_eyes:

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    FYI, this weekend things seemed to turn around and the bite was on in the afternoon. If you can get out this week sleep in late and head out before lunch. :wink:

8. fishingphil

fishingphil New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thank you for the report. Hope to drop a line in Friday.