Lake Wylie Report 1/28/06

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Jan 28, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I got out on the lake today in the pretty weather. The high was around 60 degrees and the water temp varied from 48-52 depending where you were on the lake.

The fish still seem to be in pockets in the creeks. You got through a spot and catch a few, then the bite goes away for 1/4 mile and then you find some more. The closer you get to the channel the more they drop off. I caught nine cats today all in the 3-6 pound range. Managed to get my biggest Blue Cat on Wylie and it was a little over 6 pounds.

About every trip this month has netted 7-9 fish. All have been during the day and we have fished from around 1:00pm-dark. All were caught on cut bream.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    WC, looks like your figuring things out pretty well up there! I'd like to get up that way inna coupla months and maybe you could point me in the right direction?

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Sure thang patmansc. Drop me an e-mail and maybe you can head out with me. It gets kinda lonely out there by myself when my daughter or wife don't go!!