Lake Wylie Question and New Member

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FishN4Fun, Jun 8, 2009.

1. FishN4Fun

FishN4Fun New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hello Everyone,

I am a new member and this is my first post. Glad to finally be on here. While I have fished Lake Wateree for most of my life, I am interested in learning a bit about Lake Wylie. I moved up to Rock Hill two years ago but have not fished the lake very much. I was wondering if anyone had any general information on where to fish for the big cats on the lower end of the lake (buster boyd to dam). I have a few spots in mind on where I would like to try, but as i said, I have minimal knowledge of the lake so any info is greatly appreciated. Look forward to seeing some of you guys out fishing.

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Daniel. Someone from your area will be along soon to help you out.

3. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Daniel -

I do most of my fishing on Wateree, too, so I can't help you out, but it may do you some good to also post this question on the NC forum. Even though there are a lot of SC boys that fish lake Wylie, it has a lot of NC traffic on it as well.

Probably your best bet would be to check out the meeting that the Carolina Catfish Club is having tonight. Those boys are chocked full of info.

Here's a quote from a thread about the meeting by WylieCat:

I'm sure that these guys would be glad to have you. Talk about a good way to totally jump over the learning curve - just pick their brains.

Hope this helps.

And welcome to the BOC.

4. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    wylie has not reached wateree status yet when it comes to big fish but there are a few in there , i have caught some 20's in that part of the lake but not alot,wylie has big fish but not the numbers you find in other lakes. but if you like catching fish you can get tired of catching channells there are so many in there. it is nothing to have a 30+ day on wylie with most going 3-5 lb, come to the meeting tonight and i am sure someone will give you more info.and welcome to the board

5. FishN4Fun

FishN4Fun New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can not make the meeting tonight due to a conflict. I did check the CCC website though and saw that the meetings are the 2nd monday of each month. I'll try to make next months meeting for sure.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Daniel! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :big_smile:

7. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC. My best general advice would probably be don't go out on the weekend until dusk. The lake looks like an interstate on a pretty weekend. It's a great lake though.

8. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Welcome to the BOC! Lots of good info here.:cool2: