Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Lake Wylie North Carolina - Report 6.3.26

707 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mudkip 
#1 ·
Just like May, June started off with a bang!

I fished Wylie this morning from the pontoon from 6:00am-noon. I took a
quick drift down below the marina and caught one nice four pound fish,but the bites were few so I headed north on the South Fork.

From the start I was on on fish. Typical upper river channels in the 2-4 pound range, but there were 4-5 five pound fish in the mix. I made several runs over the same areas with slight variations in each pass. I also caught some 4-5 pound channels in some of the deeper holes near the hot hole.

Around 10:30 in about 8 feet of water I hooked into a pig! A nice 22 pound blue that I thought was a channel at first because of it dark color. It took about seven minutes to nurse it in. Once I got it surfaced and realized the size, and realized that I was alone without my big net, I knew I would need to wear that big boy down so he did not comoe in green. That was my biggest fish ever on Lake Wylie.

Waters in the upper river were around 90. The sky was cloudy until around 11:00am and the sun broke through. Bream was cut bream caught this morning. In the end I ended up landing 24 cats, all were released.

Was that you Dragger in the pontoon with the fair maiden this morning drifting by Harbortowne Marina?? LOL!! I waved, but I don't know if you saw me. It was the Git R' Done catoon that I saw drifting by the marina then back up at the Lower Armstrong Bridge. I was alone in the Suntracker Pontoon. Whoever it was I wish I had your cell number and I could have given you a call and told you to come up the river to the shallows.

See less See more
#3 ·
WylieCat said:
Just like May, June started off with a bang!

I fished Wylie this morning from the pontoon from 6:00am-noon. I took a
quick drift down below the marina and caught one nice four pound fish,but the bites were few so I headed north on the South Fork.

From the start I was on on fish. Typical upper river channels in the 2-4 pound range, but there were 4-5 five pound fish in the mix. I made several runs over the same areas with slight variations in each pass. I also caught some 4-5 pound channels in some of the deeper holes near the hot hole.

Around 10:30 in about 8 feet of water I hooked into a pig! A nice 22 pound blue that I thought was a channel at first because of it dark color. It took about seven minutes to nurse it in. Once I got it surfaced and realized the size, and realized that I was alone without my big net, I knew I would need to wear that big boy down so he did not comoe in green. That was my biggest fish ever on Lake Wylie.

Waters in the upper river were around 90. The sky was cloudy until around 11:00am and the sun broke through. Bream was cut bream caught this morning. In the end I ended up landing 24 cats, all were released.

Was that you Dragger in the pontoon with the fair maiden this morning drifting by Harbortowne Marina?? LOL!! I waved, but I don't know if you saw me. It was the Git R' Done catoon that I saw drifting by the marina then back up at the Lower Armstrong Bridge. I was alone in the Suntracker Pontoon. Whoever it was I wish I had your cell number and I could have given you a call and told you to come up the river to the shallows.
We were in the southfork just a little while , we had fished all nite and were about about to leave and decided to use up the rest of the minnows , at the bridge and then head for home , had some good catfish that nite.(ps didn't see you wave).......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.