Lake Wylie Info

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Jun 27, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I was dragging some redworms today for some white perch, and as usual, I caught some channel cats in the 2-4 pound range. Now I like think that the cats are just attracted to any bait I throw in the water :smile2: , but I think the truth lies somewhere else.

My point is that if you are wanting to catch some eating size cats, it may pay to drag along some nightcrawlers or redworms in additon to the cut baits. I doubt you will land any monsters, but the smaller cats seem to take to them. :wink:

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I caught a few the other day using crappie minnows and ultralites. They were alot of fun. Did you get another cooler full. You must have one big freezer to fit all that pearch you have been catching...

3. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Not a cooler full this trip. My daughter and I did some exploring up river looking for them in Withers Cover and along the main channel. We only managed a couple up river, but found most of them in the South Fork above the dam. As with all the trips lately, the fish have been in a very narrow depth range. Today it was 14 feet. If you were in 16 feet you were not catching them. Also, again today with the the wind, you had to pass over them from the direction the wind was blowing or they would not take your bait.

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I read the catfish report in the Clt Obs yesterday for Wylie and for some strange reason is was very accurate...hmmm:roll_eyes:

I think Higgins has been paying somebody for info!!:big_smile::big_smile:

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    LOL!!! I should have grabbed a paper yesterday!! I think Mac is feeding him some catfish info for Norman too. :wink:

No more, "catch them on nightcrawlers on the bottom"? :big_smile:

6. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    No it actually mentioned "bream heads" as bait. What about that!!

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I looked online and it had a name posted for the angler that provided the info...

8. WylieCat

State:
    NC