Lake Wylie - Fishing in the SNOW!!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Feb 1, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I went out this morning before daylight and got out on the water. Man it was neat. Snow coming down, cold, fog on the water. I was out last year in snow for about 10 minutes, but not like this. I have always wanted to do that and finally got the chance.

One other idiot was out and he was bass fishing. He was slaying some fish. I seldom ever see bass fishermen catch anything, but this guy caught seven fish off one rock point that I was near.

I fished Lake Wylie and it was not a bad morning. I caught a nine pound blue and several channels up to six pounds. The channels were real shallow like they are night in the summer. Odd bite on the channels. They kinda pecked around like a small cat.

Once the snow ended and the rain started I headed home. Fishing in the snow is fun, fishing in 32 degree weather and rain is not. :tounge_out:

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Were the fish on the little shallow point inside the HHole island?? It is usually a hotspot in the winter when they are pulling water. I would have loved to fished in the snow--real quite and peaceful. Not to mention the opportunity for some real neat photos opps.:big_smile:

3. Krieger

Krieger New Member

State:
    IL
    Yeah fishing in the snow can be pretty cool, but then again if you dont catch much and sit out in 20degree weather for a few hours it becomes not so fun anymore lol but ill still be out there no matter the weather because i cant ever get enough fishing!

4. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah Adam and I know what it feels like sitting around in freezing weather and getting snubbed. Then again we werent using shad or cut bait so that could've ruined any success, but congrats on your catches and good luck to future cold weather cats

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    sounds like a great time glad to hear you caught some fish!

6. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Glad you caugh some fish I on the other hand didnt even get a bite. I left owrk early saying that it might be to bad to drive later on and hit up the ol cape fear and nothing not even a little nibble on chicken liver.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I bet the scenery was breathtaking huh? Sounds like you had a great time! Congrats!

8. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It is awesome to be on a lake while it is snowing. It is so quiet. Don't see to many other boats on a lake at that time.