Lake Wylie 8/8/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FastenalFishing, Aug 10, 2009.

1. FastenalFishing

FastenalFishing New Member

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    Took my dad up to Wylie Saturday morning. Started at daylight. We fished up in the Mill Creek area. We caught 15 channels avg about 3-4 lbs. We had to move around a lot, catching two or three in each spot. We never really found a big bunch of fish. We tried shad with no takers. All were caught on Lucky 7. We left at 11 am before it got too HOT and before all the morons got there.

2. Slimm

Slimm New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the report! Not a bad morning!

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    David glad you an your dad had a good fish'n trip ,enjoy fish'n with your dad all u can ,i sure wish i could go fish'n with my dad again :sad2:

4. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    David, looks like the Lucky 7 worked good for you. I just bought some and am about to try it. Have you used it alot?

5. FastenalFishing

FastenalFishing New Member

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    It was actually my 1st time using it. I expected it to work better, but it was day time and hot as blazes. Maybe using this at night would be better when the fish are feeding better. Overall I think it works great for eating size catfish.
    I used looper rigs with kahle hooks and the strike king worms with treble hooks. They eat the strike king bait holders all the way down usually. And I caught more on these baits than the looper rigs. I use a piece of pvc pipe that is 1/2" dia and about 10" long. I cut a slot from the bottom up about 4 or 5 inches with that end chamfered. Put the line in the slot and push the end of the pvc down in the mouth and it will push the trebles out every time.