Lake Wylie 7/26/08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martygreen, Jul 20, 2008.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    We will be having a Gathering/Fishing at Allison Creek Landing on Lake Wylie on July 26th at 6:00pm and lasting till around 1:00am if some of you guys would like to come out and join us,gonna be the 1st one on Wylie and we would like to get up a good crowd so we can schedule one or two next year,them NC boys gonna be tough to take but we gonna give it try,hope some of you will come out for some fun and fishing,you can Pm me for details if you like,Thanks,Marty{CCSC}

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Marty, If I could make it I'd be there to fish and gather with all y'all good Ol' boys. :wink: But I can't so have fun, good catches and drink one for Pop Pop.:big_smile:

3. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks Doug,youre welcome aboard the Green Machine any time the SmackDaddy can make it,would love some of you Grenwood Guys to come up and join us sometime,we have a great time and fishing is just a bonus:wink:

4. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Was great to see some new faces in the crowd last night at Wylie along with some of the regulars,we all had a good time and Congrats to Wyliecat and Mudkip on there winning 5 fish Stringer and a nice 32lb Blue that was part of the winning weight,see you all at Wateree next month for the next gathering.:wink:

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Yes, Mudkip made a guest appearance taking a break from his guide trips to fill in for Billfish76. :smile2:

We got lucky and found a nice Arkansas blue cat and a few nice channels. Overall the bite continued to be slow, at least the pattern we were fishing, and from the sounds of the other anglers it was not a "through the roof" night of catching big channel cats. There are some nice fish out there and the catches during the daylight hours during week prove it, but just not at night. :sad2:

It was good seeing everyone, and we had a few new aces in the crowd. :wink: We plan to do it again on Lake Wylie the 9th of August and again on Lake Wateree the 23rd of August.

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Dieter you forgot to mention your little slithering 3rd partner,I think that Snake has it out for you and your boat,you need to invest in some heavy Duty Snake Repellant:crazy:

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ya, well this time he did not make it in the boat!!!

Mudkip and I played with it as it swam around the boat, and I think he had intentions of getting in when he climbed on the motor, but we scared him off. :wink:

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    It was a good time. I learned some things from Wyliecat last night. He is a real quick study on catfish angling and he is as hungry as a wolf for anything he can learn about the fishing game. That is why he is as successful at catching big cats on Wylie.