Lake Wylie 6.18.07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Jun 18, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I took some time today to do some looking and searching like LakeNormanBlues taught me to do. He says part of catching big fish is knowing where the bait is at a particualr time of the year. So, I did some riding, studying the graph, looking at water temps, AND SOME PERCH FISHING!! :big_smile:

I found some small ones failry quick at the mouth of Catawba Creek. I put about 15 in the boat and then tried to find some larger ones. They were out near the main channel on a steep drop-off in about 18 feet of water. These fish were all around one pound. The water was around 82 degrees.

Since I was stradling the NC/SC line, and since there was a SC wildlife boat nearby, I decided to stop at a limit of 30 and head in. Hopefully tomorrow I they will still be in the area and I can skip the small ones and load up on the larger ones. :lol:

2. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    I rolled up on my spot this morning and had my limit within two hours. Ran out of vacuum bags when I got home!! :big_smile:

I rolled up there tonight and there were three boats sitting there!! They must read the BOC!! :big_smile:

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Hope you didnt get rained on... How many did you get this evening???

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Not many; only about 10. I got on some fish, and the a storm blew through and I headed to shelter. After it passed I went back out and the fish I found earlier were gone. I tried the spot from yesterday and found the boats there, then the bigger storm blew through. After that I headed in!!